Strategic Compensation in Canada, 6th Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
Strategic Compensation in Canada is part of the market-leading Nelson Series in Human Resources Management. In this sixth edition, we welcome Dr. Parbudyal Singh onto the project, who brings a wealth of experience and knowledge, while maintaining the foundation built by the late Dr. Richard Long. Recognizing that no single compensation systems fits all organizations, the authors provide a systematic framework for identifying and designing a compensation system that will add value to an organization and meet their overall goals. While other resources focus on the behavioural principles in compensation or the technical details of compensation, Strategic Compensation in Canada goes beyond and includes a balanced, comprehensive, and integrated presentation of strategic, behavioural, and technical principles. Our inclusion of the strategic aspects, along with the behavioral and technical, provides students with a fulsome approach, ensuring a better understanding of all aspects when creating effective compensation systems.
- *NEW* Opening vignettes: Each vignette tells a story of an actual company facing a compensation challenge relevant to the material presented in that chapter. There are 6 new opening vignettes
- *NEW* Compensation Today: Examples are drawn from current events and relate to the material presented in that chapter. Twelve are new in this edition.
- *NEW* Eleven new discussion questions and 5 new exercise are included.
- *NEW* The resource can be further enhanced by using Strategic Compensation: A Simulation. This online tool provides students with the opportunity to design an entire compensation system. It was designed by Richard Long and Henry Ravichander, and it aligns directly with the text.
- The content of the product is based on a foundation of scientific research, informed by relevant theoretical principles and verified by actual organizational experiences.
- Compensation Notebook: Key points in the chapter are highlighted to help keep students focused.
Table of Contents
- About the Series
- About the Authors
- Part One ? Strategy, Rewards, and Behaviour
- Chapter 1: A Road Map to Effective Compensation
- Chapter 2: A Strategic Framework for Compensation
- Chapter 3: A Behavioural Framework for Compensation
- Part Two ? Formulating Reward and Compensation Strategy
- Chapter 4: Components of Compensation Strategy
- Chapter 5: Performance Pay Choices
- Chapter 6: Formulating the Reward and Compensation Strategy
- Part Three ? Determining Compensation Values
- Chapter 7: Evaluating Jobs: The Job Evaluation Process
- Chapter 8: Evaluating Jobs: The Point Method of Job Evaluation
- Chapter 9: Evaluating the Market
- Chapter 10: Evaluating Individuals
- Part Four ? Designing Performance Pay and Indirect Pay Plans
- Chapter 11: Designing Performance Pay Plans
- Chapter 12: Designing Indirect Pay Plans
- Part Five ? Implementing, Managing, Evaluating, and Adapting the Compensation System
- Chapter 13: Activating and Maintaining an Effective Compensation System
- Appendix: Cases for Analysis