Cites and Sources: Student Guide to APA Style, 6th Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
Cites & Sources: Student Guide to APA Style is a clear and accessible guide to the many changes and updates to APA Style documentation required by the new edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (2020). Cites & Sources streamlines the new requirements, highlights new guidance rules, and incorporates the APA Style reference system in updated sample student assignments, citation methods, and reference examples. Over the 6 sections of the book, all the essential elements of APA style are covered: formatting papers, using in-text citations, and building reference pages. Cites and Sources continues to be the reliable resource for any interdisciplinary student who needs a clear, visual guide to APA documentation style.
- *NEW* Sample student cover page, research paper, and reference page (with instructional boxes) to demonstrate the correct format of a student research paper, the use of in-text citations, and the requirements of a corresponding References page
- *NEW* Numerous updated in-text citations and reference list examples – including new requirements for citing and referencing textual, audio-visual media, and online material (such as webpages, Twitter, and Facebook)
- *NEW* List of common reference entries – a quick two-page guide to referencing sources most often used by students
- *NEW* Frequently Asked Questions – to address students' frequent concerns, frustrations, and common questions about APA Style
- *NEW* New "What to do when parts are missing for an entry" table that directs students how to make corrections to an entry.
- In-text citation and reference list templates and diagrams
- Current Canadian in-text citations and reference source examples
Table of Contents
- Brief Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting Started With APA Documentation
- Chapter 2: Formatting Your Paper
- Chapter 3: In-Text Citations
- Chapter 4: In-Text Citation Examples
- Chapter 5: Reference List
- Chapter 6: Reference List Examples
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Common Reference List Examples (inside back cover)