Visions Editors' Choice: Post-Confederation, 2nd Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
The editor’s choice Post-Confederation volume of Visions brings together 12 pre-selected modules that tackle topics within Canadian history. This unique collection provides consistency for instructors and students as each module is designed around a consistent framework. A short contextual introduction provides students with an overview of what they will be learning and is followed by a series of both primary and secondary sources, including visual materials. All modules conclude with questions for further discussion and study, along with a bibliography. This collection can be used to compliment a core text or be used on its own, depending on the approach of the course.
- *NEW* Modules are designed around a common framework so instructors and students get a seamless experience.
- Integrates primary sources in a useful way
- Challenges students to think like historians
- 4 new modules in the second edition
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: As Long as the Sun Shines and the Waters Flow: Treaties and Treaty-Making in the 1870s West
- Chapter 2: Industrialization and Women?s Work, 1870s-1920s
- Chapter 3: The Early Canadian Women?s Movement and the Struggle for the Vote, 1870s-1918
- Chapter 4: The Playing Fields: Sport in Late 19th - Early 20th Century Canada
- Chapter 5: The Great War: Leaders, Followers, and Record-Keepers
- Chapter 6: Canada in the 1930s: Surviving Canada?s Great Depression
- Chapter 7: Eugenics in Canada
- Chapter 8: World War II and the Internment of Enemy Aliens: Circumscribing Personal Freedoms
- Chapter 9: A National Crime: Residential Schools in Canada, 1880s to 1960s
- Chapter 10: Peacekeeping Missions, 1956 to the 1990s: Canada?s Real Contribution to World Affairs?
- Chapter 11: Reconciling the Two Solitudes? The Debate over Official Languages, 1963-1995
- Chapter 12: Queering Canada