Group Work: Assessment, Intervention, Evaluation, 1st Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
Group Work: Assessment, Intervention, Evaluation, is a valuable resource for all social workers, social service workers, and others in the helping professions who are excited by the challenge of group work as a service delivery model. It has been designed to meet the needs of beginning group facilitators who want to go beyond the basics of offering an enjoyable program for their members and will serve as a practical guide to designing and facilitating effective client-focused groups. It assumes that facilitators already have some knowledge of group process and dynamics, have a sense of their own strengths and needs as group facilitators in the social services field and have begun to build a repertoire of basic facilitator skills. The text provides a natural progression for those who have already had an introductory group work course and/or some limited experience in the field and who wish to increase their technical expertise in the areas of needs assessments, goal-setting, member assessments, group interventions, program design and program evaluation.
- Provides guidance for those wishing to acquire skills in preparing group program proposals, particularly where approval and funding is dependent upon the ability to design and implement a structured group program evaluation.
- Offers information for facilitators who want to be able to provide verification that program goals were met or that specific interventions were successful in supporting group members in meeting their goals.
- Addresses the Program Standards required by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (March 2007), and references to Social Services Program graduates' abilities with respect to group work occur throughout the Standards and specifically within Standard #8. The text easily lends itself to being the required text for a group work course where course outcomes are consistent with this Program Standard.
- Includes examples, exercises, tools, and questionnaires that both illustrate the theory and can be adapted for use in a wide variety of group work applications.
- While emphasis is placed on the specifics of planning, facilitation, and evaluation, the workbook also covers in detail needs assessments, proposal writing, recruitment, member assessment, goal setting, program planning, choosing interventions, evaluation and report writing.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Part 1: Assessment
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Program Development Guidelines
- Chapter 3: Needs Assessment
- Chapter 4: Organizing Considerations and Member Assessment
- Chapter 5: Setting Goals
- Chapter 6: Program Planning
- Part 2: Intervention
- Chapter 7: Educational Interventions
- Chapter 8: Affective Interventions
- Chapter 9: Behavioural Interventions
- Chapter 10: Cognitive Interventions
- Part 3: Evaluation
- Chapter 11: Evaluations
- Chapter 12: Group Outcomes