The Nelson Guide to Research and Writing in Political Science, 2nd Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
The Nelson Guide to Research and Writing in Political Science is a short handbook that helps Political Science students at the university or college level begin to think and write as Political Scientists. Updated to included expanded instruction on writing in the online environment, and plagiarism, this guide provides students with writing instruction specific to the Political Science discipline.
- *NEW* Updated to include recent political examples and discussions regarding online resources for writing, electronic organization, and plagiarism.
- *NEW* Reorganized order in which documentation styles are covered, so that an increased emphasis on APA is now followed by MLA and Chicago.
- *NEW* Includes a new Chapter 5 on Presentations and Debates
- *NEW* Expanded Chapter 6 on Writing Style, Grammar, and Mechanics (used to be a section in Chapter 3). This edition has added more content on writing style, covering the most common problems students have in writing.
- *NEW* Includes more examples of how to cite online sources.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The Research Process
- Chapter 2: Collecting and Organizing Information
- Chapter 3: Writing and Documenting A Research Essay
- Chapter 4: Special Writing Assignments in Political Science
- Chapter 5: Presentations and Debates
- Chapter 6: Writing Style, Grammar, and Mechanics