A Method for Writing Essays about Literature, 3rd Edition
Other purchase options:
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
A perfect companion for any literature course, A Method for Writing Essays about Literature Third Edition is designed to help students understand how to write literary essays and perform literary analyses. Students learn by completing exercises found throughout the text that help them understand the interplay of ideas and structure, which helps them build their confidence towards writing a literary essay. Based on his years of teaching, Paul Headrick brings his unique perspective to understanding what undergraduate students need, and provides them with practical and usable skills they can continue to draw upon during their academic career and beyond.
- *NEW* Canadian poet Elise Partridge now has a selection featured in the text.
- *NEW* Continues to enhance the discussion on academic integrity.
- *NEW* Information regarding online plagiarism has been updated.
- Exercises appear in each chapter that help reinforce what students have learned and further help them hone their writing skills.
- Sample essays are provided in Appendix 2 for students to review and further reinforce the concepts being taught in the individual chapters.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Audience and the Literary Analysis Essay??
- Chapter 2: Analytical Paragraphs?
- Chapter 3: Theme?
- Chapter 4: Argument Structure?
- Chapter 5: Types of Literary Analysis Essays?
- Appendix 1: MLA Format?
- Appendix 2: Sample Essays?
- Appendix 3: ?The Yellow Wallpaper,? by Charlotte Perkins Gilman?
- Appendix 4: Selected Exercise Answers?
- Appendix 5: Glossary of Literary Terms
- Appendix 6: Structure and Mechanics Marking Abbreviations?
- Works Cited?