Technical Communication: A Pocket Guide, 1st Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
Drawing on the successful Checkmate series, Technical Communication: A Pocket Guide is a brief handbook designed specifically for Technical Communication students. Including clear and concise coverage of grammar, usage, punctuation, style basics, and documentation, this easy-to-use handbook addresses the very specialized needs of students in the technical fields.
- *NEW* Technology examples drawn from a wide range of practical fields.
- *NEW* Realistic models of common documents such as technical proposals, recommendations, short and long technical reports, emails, memos, and letters
- *NEW* Writing and Research on the computer
- *NEW* Emphasis on technical writing style
- *NEW* Proper citations including IEEE and CSE
- Provides students with information on grammar and the writing process
- Organized according to the writing process: choosing audience and purpose, researching, organizing, drafting, revising, and editing
- Straightforward, well organized, and easy to read
- Canadian content
- An InfoTrac College Edition access code comes free with each new book, and provides 4 months of unlimited online access to over 5000 articles from hundreds of scholarly and popular publications .
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: AUDIENCE AND PURPOSE
- Chapter 2: RESEARCHING YOUR INFORMATION
- Chapter 3: ORGANIZING YOUR RESEARCH
- Chapter 4: DRAFTING YOUR
- Chapter 5: REVISING AND EDITING
- Chapter 6: GRAMMAR
- Chapter 7: STYLE
- Chapter 8: PUNCTUATION
- Chapter 9: MECHANICS
- Chapter 10: CSE DOCUMENTATION
- Chapter 11: IEEE DOCUMENTATION
- Chapter 12: GLOSSARY OF USAGE
- Correction Symbols