Fit to Print: The Canadian Student's Guide to Essay Writing, 8th Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
Fit to Print is designed to be a brief, engaging text that covers all the basics of writing an essay in a scholarly environment. Going into its eighth edition, this text continues its tradition of teaching students how to organize and write an essay with attention to overcoming specific difficulties of grammar and style. Joanne Buckley believes there is not just a single framework for writing an essay; by taking a narrative approach, she recognizes the complexity of writing a paper, but does so in a way that is easy for students to understand and apply to their own writing.
● Expanded coverage and numerous examples added throughout captures new research in the field – key strength of this edition.
● The majority of chapter opening vignettes have been expanded with updated coverage.
● Statistics and information updated throughout.
● The majority of chapter photos have been replaced.
● End-of-chapter applications, Using the Internet and Exercises, are combined under one heading and updated.
● Eight Discussion Questions added and seven replaced.
● One new Appendix case, Patriot Holdings Inc., replaces Achtymichuk Machine Works.
● New (exclusively online) ABC case (similar to Duplox and Zenith); provides students with the opportunity to design a compensation system, from formulation of compensation strategy to implementation of the new compensation system.
Table of Contents
• About the Authors
PART 1: STRATEGY, REWARDS, AND BEHAVIOUR
• Chapter 1: A Road Map to Effective Compensation
• Chapter 2: A Strategic Framework for Compensation
• Chapter 3: A Behavioural Framework for Compensation
PART 2: FORMULATING REWARD AND COMPENSATION STRATEGY
• Chapter 4: Components of Compensation Strategy
• Chapter 5: Performance Pay Choices
• Chapter 6: Formulating the Reward and Compensation Strategy
PART 3: DETERMINING COMPENSATION VALUES
• Chapter 7: Evaluating Jobs: The Job Evaluation Process
• Chapter 8: Evaluating Jobs: The Point Method of Job Evaluation
• Chapter 9: Evaluating the Market
• Chapter 10: Evaluating Individuals
PART 4: DESIGNING PERFORMANCE PAY AND INDIRECT PAY PLANS
• Chapter 11: Designing Performance Pay Plans
• Chapter 12: Designing Indirect Pay Plans
PART 5: Implementing, Managing, Evaluating, and Adapting the Compensation System
• Chapter 13: Activating and Maintaining an Effective Compensation System