Calculus: Fear No More, 2nd Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
Calculus: Fear No More provides a thorough review of basic concepts, formulas, algorithms and techniques in arithmetic, algebra, geometry and functions. It is a thorough, up-to-date review of basic high school mathematics that students need to succeed in college/university math courses. Calculus: Fear No More is perfect for those in need of remediation prior to entering college/university.
- Gives an incoming college/university student a diagnostic baseline of their math knowledge and skills to allow success in post-secondary courses.
- Provides an opportunity to students to refresh their knowledge and brush up on basic skills.
- Allows an opportunity to first-year college/university students to quickly review and/or fill in the gaps in their background knowledge as they study for their math courses.
- Provides a perspective from an instructor and researcher who has taught first-year mathematics courses for more than 15 years.
- Provides excellent and usable study hints such as learning mathematics, attending classes, taking notes, and more.
- Contains a large number of solved exercises and fully explained examples which requires active participation of the reader.
- Review of concepts and fully solved examples are followed by exercises that further facilitate understanding and help build necessary routines for student success.
Table of Contents
- What Is in This Book?
- How Do I Use This Book?
- Why Background Knowledge Matters
- How Does Math in University Differ from High School Math?
- How To Be Successful in Math
- What Else Is Important?
- Value Your Lecture/Tutorial Notes
- Learning from Internet
- Transition to University
- Chapter 1: Numbers and Operations
- Chapter 2: Basic Algebra
- Chapter 3: Basic Facts and Formulas from Geometry
- Chapter 4: Equations and Inequalities
- Chapter 5: Elements of Analytic Geometry
- Chapter 6: Functions
- Chapter 7: Trigonometric Functions
- Chapter 8: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Chapter 9: Mathematical Language; Mathematical Thinking and Logic