Interviewing and Interrogation: A Canadian Critical and Practical Perspective, 1st Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
Interviewing and Interrogation explores and critically examines the many methods and techniques associated with interviewing concepts and practices from a Canadian perspective. The Canadian legal context is central to this discussion and, as such, references are made to the Criminal Code, Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Youth Criminal Justice Act, and Canada Evidence Act. Major Supreme Court decisions are examined throughout the text to provide authenticity and context to the examples being presented. The author believes that the ability for one to master a skill requires practice, so a number of exercises are included throughout to help reinforce what is being presented. Practical and applied, this text will provide students with a set of tools to use as they continue to refine and apply their mastery of investigative interviewing skills.
- *NEW* Canadian legislation and Supreme Court cases are referenced throughout.
- *NEW* Learning objectives begin every chapter and provide students with a roadmap of what they will be learning.
- *NEW* Key terms are provided in the margins and a full glossary appears at the end of the text.
- *NEW* Exercises allow students to practice a specific set of skills and are found throughout the text.
- *NEW* End-of-chapter content includes Web links tied to the topic of the chapter.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Canadian Criminal Investigations
- Chapter 3: A Canadian Analysis of Interviewing and Interrogation
- Chapter 4: International Interviewing and Interrogation Models
- Chapter 5: False Confessions and the Investigative Interview
- Chapter 6: Nonverbal Behaviour in the Forensic Interview
- Chapter 7: Culture and the Forensic Interview
- Chapter 8: Current and Historical Traumatic Events?The Child Interview
- Chapter 9: Record Keeping and Report Writing in Criminal Investigations
- Chapter 10: Universal Practical Interviewing Tools