Checkmate Pocket Guide, 4th Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
The fourth edition of Checkmate Pocket Guide provides students with a handy reference to writing, style, grammar, and documentation rules. With a clear table of contents to help with navigation, illustrations of errors and their correction, many examples, and a glossary of usage, this guide is a useful tool for students to use, both in their post-secondary education and beyond, into their professional careers.
- *NEW* A brand new design to liven up the overall look and feel.
- *NEW* An expanded research section, with additional material on how to formulate a research question, how to gather and assess evidence, and how to formulate a working bibliography.
- *NEW* Additional information and tips for students about how to avoid plagiarism and maintain academic integrity have been included.
- *NEW* Documentation styles have been updated and include MLA, APA, IEEE, CSE, and Chicago.
- *NEW* Documentation styles include sample notes, bibliographical entries, and sample pages to provide students with models to follow.
- *NEW* An FAQ page, based on the author's experience in the classroom and containing page references, has been added to the front of the text to help students locate answers to commonly asked questions.
- *NEW* On the inside front cover is a User's Guide that highlights key features throughout the text that students can use to make the most of the resource.
- *NEW* The Editing Checklist was added to this edition and provides students with a step-by-step walkthrough of key areas to check before submitting their paper.
- A ground-up Canadian handbook, originally conceived of and designed specifically for the Canadian market.
- Spiral binding allows the handbook to lie flat.
Table of Contents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Chapter 1: Grammar
- Chapter 2: Style
- Chapter 3: Punctuation
- Chapter 4: Mechanics and Spelling
- Chapter 5: Research and Documentation
- Editing Checklist
- Glossary of Usage