Essay Essentials with Readings, 7th Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
Over six editions, Essay Essentials with Readings has developed a loyal following because of its reputation for being straightforward and practical, providing students with the guidance and support they need to develop their written communication skills. With a clean layout, clear explanations, and opportunities to practise, Essay Essentials helps students to be better writers in their post-secondary studies and equips them with the skills they need to be successful in their career.
- *NEW* A new part has been added: "Presenting Your Work" includes information about presentations, posters, and academic and workplace portfolios.
- *NEW* Six new published readings have been included.
- *NEW* Four student essays are included, providing students with a model of what they can create themselves.
- *NEW* 25% of the exercises in the Workbook section are new to this edition.
- *NEW* Chapter 1 has a new section, "The Academic Audience," which addresses common expectations and writing guidelines in an academic setting.
- *NEW* Chapter 2 has a new section, "Annotating Sources," which introduces students to recording their understanding and interpretation of what they are reading.
- *NEW* In Chapter 3 a new section provides an opportunity for students to practise writing a response to a reading. We include a new reading on child poverty and two sample student responses.
- *NEW* The MLA documentation style, along with associated examples, has been updated.
Table of Contents
- Part One: Understanding the Elements of Effective Writing
- Part Two: Beginning the Writing Process
- Part Three: Drafting Your Work
- Part Four: Academic and Workplace Writing Styles
- Part Five: Writing Research Papers
- Part Six: Understanding the Revision Process
- Part Seven: Presenting Your Work
- Part Eight: Readings
- Part Nine: Workbook
- Appendix A: A List of Terms: A Vocabulary of Writing
- Appendix B: Answers for Selected Exercises