Learning Sage 50 Accounting 2018: A Modular Approach, 19th Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
Learning Sage 50 Accounting has become a cornerstone in the learning and understanding of the Sage 50 Premium Accounting Software. Aligned with the actual software program, this resource provides step-by-step instructions to help students build a foundation of knowledge. The modular approach teaches one function per module, allowing for a deeper understanding before moving on. As they move through the modules, students build a foundation of knowledge, becoming more proficient and confident in their abilities. This is often a resource that students keep as a reference guide after their course is complete.
- *NEW* Learning Sage 50 Accounting supports Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, and Outlook 365. If you want to use a desktop email application, Sage 50 supports both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Outlook.
- *NEW* Batch process customer invoices and send them by email. This feature allows the user to batch process and send invoices using the Daily Business Manager.
- *NEW* Customer Aged Reports can now include contact name, phone number, and email address.
- *NEW* The PAID stamp now displays on all invoices that have been fully paid.
- *NEW* EFT Direct is fully integrated with Sage 50. EFT has also been upgraded to support multiple bank accounts. You can use separate bank accounts for employee direct deposit, vendor payments, and customer pre-authorized debit.
- *NEW* You can now send various forms using bulk email. The forms are direct deposit stubs for vendors or employees, invoices, receipts, purchase orders, sales orders, sales quotes.
- *NEW* Payment status demystified: You can add Paid and Amount Owing to customized forms and have them automatically display on the default Sage 50 forms.
- The topic of perpetual inventory is used throughout, reflecting current accounting practices. We have maintained coverage of periodic inventory systems in our online resources.
- After each chapter, challenge exercises are provided to help students assess what they have learned and where they need to spend time reviewing.
- We provide step-by-step instructions throughout the entire text to help students in their learning.
- Screenshots from the actual software program are included throughout to help guide students through important steps.
- Each chapter parallels a module in the actual software program.
- This resource includes coverage of month-end and year-end processing, project costing, account reconciliation, and foreign currency.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting Started and COMPANY Module?Photos Company
- Appendix 1: Taxes (HST, GST and PST)?Brittany Company
- Chapter 2A: RECEIVABLES Module?Basics?Santos Luggage
- Chapter 2B: RECEIVABLES Module?Beyond Basics?Santos Luggage
- Chapter 3A: PAYABLES Module?Basics?Tyson's Toys
- Chapter 3B: PAYABLES Module?Beyond Basics?Tyson's Toys
- Chapter 4A: Setting Up a New Company?Sarah's Kitchen Stores
- Chapter 4B: INVENTORY & SERVICES Module Setup Perpetual Inventory for Sarah's Kitchen Stores (4B)
- Chapter 5: Review of COMPANY, PAYABLES and RECEIVABLES Modules?Sarah's Kitchen Stores
- Chapter 6: Challenge COMPANY, RECEIVABLES, PAYABLES: Setup and Transactions?Shirts & Ties
- Chapter 7: EMPLOYEES & PAYROLL Module Setup and Processing?Creative Wallpaper
- Chapter 8: INVENTORY & SERVICES Module Setup and Transactions Review: G/L, A/P, A/R?Printers Company
- Chapter 9: Month-End/Year-End Processing?Kafa Sweaters
- Chapter 10: Year-End Closing?Kafa2 Sweaters
- Chapter 11: PROJECTS* Module Setup and Transactions?HotTubs Company Ltd.
- Chapter 12: BANKING Module Reconciliation & Deposits?Wedding Flowers Company
- Chapter 13: Correcting Transaction Errors After Posting
- Chapter 14: Foreign Currency?Saddles Company
- Appendix 2: Sage 50 Premium Accounting 2018.0?Student Version Installation Instructions