Learning Sage 50 Accounting 2019: A Modular Approach, 20th Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
Learning Sage 50 Accounting has become a cornerstone in the learning and understanding of the Sage 50 Premium Accounting Software. Aligned with the actual software program, this resource provides step-by-step instructions to help students build a foundation of knowledge. The modular approach teaches one function per module, allowing for a deeper understanding before moving on and mimicking the process followed in the real-life application. As they move through the modules, students build a foundation of knowledge, becoming more proficient and confident in their abilities. This is often a resource that students keep as a reference guide after their course is complete.
- Freedman's modular approach makes it easy for students to follow and helps them to understand where they are in the overall accounting process.
- The List of Relevant Appendices at the end of most chapters guides you to the online appendices relevant to the functions in the particular chapter—these provide additional information that would be useful to you, both in your current course and when using Sage 50 Accounting on the job.
- Textbook chapters are closely aligned to steps/procedures in the software; students complete steps in the proper order ensuring all amounts are properly recorded, maximizing student success.
- Step-by-step and keystroke instructions help students to follow along while using the software. Screen shots are also included showing at each stage what the results should look like.
- The textbook is printed in full colour, making the publication visually appealing and illustrating screen shots.
- To assist instructors with course preparations, supplements to the textbook are available to instructors through an Instructor Companion website. Supplements included: Instructor's Manual, Chapter Exercise Solutions, and Test Banks.
- The textbook also includes Month-End and Year-End processing, Project Costing, Account Reconciliation, and Foreign Currency. Conversion from a manual accounting system or from another accounting software is covered as well.
- The PowerPoint Slideshows are designed to help you understand accounting concepts that relate to specific Sage 50 Accounting features being studied. Sage 50 Accounting instructors have reported that students are able to complete the chapter and Challenge Exercises faster when they view the slideshows as suggested in the text.
- One to four hands-on Challenge Exercises are included in appropriate chapters (32 total) including transactions for each province and 20 Perpetual Inventory cases. These Challenge Exercises help you review the Sage 50 features learned in each chapter.
- Chapter 6 (Shirts & Ties) is a Comprehensive Challenge Exercise that requires you to set up a company from scratch and record transactions from source documents. You may also use the 06 Shirts data file, with Perpetual Inventory.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting Started and COMPANY Module (Photos Company)
- Appendix 1: Taxes (HST, GST and PST) (Brittany Company)
- Chapter 2A: RECEIVABLES Module?Basics (Santos Luggage)
- Chapter 2B: RECEIVABLES Module?Beyond Basics (Santos Luggage)
- Chapter 3A: PAYABLES Module?Basics (Tyson's Toys)
- Chapter 3B: PAYABLES Module?Beyond Basics (Tyson's Toys)
- Chapter 4A: Setting Up a New Company (Sarah's Kitchen Stores)
- Chapter 4B: INVENTORY & SERVICES Module (Setup Perpetual Inventory for Sarah's Kitchen Stores)
- Chapter 5: Review of COMPANY, PAYABLES and RECEIVABLES Modules (Sarah's Kitchen Stores)
- Chapter 6: Challenge COMPANY, RECEIVABLES, PAYABLES Setup and Transactions (Shirts & Ties)
- Chapter 7: EMPLOYEE & PAYROLL Module Setup and Processing (Creative Wallpaper)
- Chapter 8: INVENTORY & SERVICES Module Setup and Transactions Review: G/L, A/P, A/R (Printers Company)
- Chapter 9: Month-End/Year-End Processing (Kafa Sweaters)
- Chapter 10: Year-End Closing (Kafa2 Sweaters)
- Chapter 11: PROJECTS* Module Setup and Transactions (HotTubs Company Ltd.)
- Chapter 12: BANKING Module ? Reconciliation & Deposits (Wedding Flowers Company)
- Chapter 13: Correcting Transaction Errors After Posting (Corrections Prizes Company)
- Chapter 14: Foreign Currency (Saddles Company)
- Appendix 2: Sage 50 Premium Accounting 2018.0?Student Version Installation Instructions