Recruitment and Selection in Canada, 7th Edition
Digital teaching aids may be available for this title. All instructor requests are reviewed by our team before the files are made accessible.
Recruitment and Selection is part of the market-leading Nelson Series in Human Resources Management, known for providing valid, reliable and current resources for students and professionals alike. Through pedagogy like examples, discussion questions and case studies, we provide an accessible and easy-to-read introduction to the topic of recruitment and selection. Being a ground-up title allows the author team to organically incorporate Canadian material, ensuring attention and focus on Canadian contemporary issues, laws, examples and case studies.
- *NEW* Chapter 7 has been thoroughly revised by streamlining some of the academic literature making it more accessible for students to learn.
- *NEW* Chapter 1 has been thoroughly updated and reorganized with a stronger focus on strategic planning and how it applies to recruitment and selection.
- *NEW* All statistics and references to codes and ethics have been updated, as appropriate.
- *NEW* Chapter 2 includes expanded coverage of Bias and Fairness.
- *NEW* A new end-of-chapter case in Chapter 2: "Cognitive Ability Test."
- *NEW* Expanded coverage of social media and LinkedIn.
- *NEW* Expanded and updated coverage of cyberbullying and anti-bullying.
- Opening vignettes start each chapter and tell the story of a challenge faced by a real company to help situate students in what they will be learning in that chapter.
- "Recruitment and Selection Today" draws on examples from current events for students to better understand the connection with what they are learning and the impact on businesses.
- Each chapter has a case study which is followed by questions.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : An Introduction to Recruitment and Selection
- Chapter 2 : Foundations of Recruitment and Selection I: Reliability and Validity
- Chapter 3 : Foundations of Recruitment and Selection II: Legal Issues
- Chapter 4 : Job Analysis and Competency Models
- Chapter 5 : Job Performance
- Chapter 6 : Recruitment: The First Step in the Selection Process
- Chapter 7 : Selection I: Applicant Screening
- Chapter 8 : Selection II: Testing and Other Assessments
- Chapter 9 : Selection III: Interviewing
- Chapter 10: Decision Making